Wednesday, February 21, 2007

basket o' flowers



On my birthday my fab friend, Alex, sent flowers to me (boohoo! they made me cry!). The next day the beautiful tulips had already started to curl funny and the iris were withering into themselves. One tulip had committed suicide right in front of my morning tea. Not a good sign for birthday flowers to be giving and I was taking it personally, lol! As I walked past them this morning, the whole arrangement smelled like a swamp. Hhmmm, what to do. Alex wanted me to send a picture. They came from one of those places that 'guarantees' their flowers so I called them and discussed the odor the arrangement was transmitting. The chipper young man told me to bring them down. One quick trip and a 15 minute wait and a brand new basket of beautifully fresh flowers is making me feel so much better about starting a new year :)! I feel kinda funky for calling them on their less-than-fresh arrangement, but I know Alex would have been very p----- o-- if I'd kept the deteriorating tulips (for what they cost, they should last more than a day or two, don't you think?) and I was in just the right sort of mood this morning to go for it. Thank you, Al! I love my flowers!


ps. no, I didn't get to those magazines yet...



1 comment:

Val Cox said...

Alex would want only the best for you! It's really very funny and I'm happy you did what it took to make it all right. Gorgeous flowers! Val