Monday, February 19, 2007

happy birthday to me!


Let's all sing it together, lol!
Today's blog is about birthday cake and, specifically, the same birthday cake I've had every year since I-can't-remember-when. My Dad and brother used to dread this cake but had to eat a piece because Mom said they had to. Really, it would have been fine if they didn't - more for me! It's an angel food cake with Betty Crocker's Fluffy White Icing slathered all over. It's the stickiest of sticky marshmallow type of icing that's readily available. My Mom has mailed me a steady supply every year (until recently because it's finally stocked in the stores out here - someone must have found out how fabulously sticky it is!). I don't think of it as an indulgance so much as a comforting tradition that signals the passing of another year. My Mom must understand this. The number of candles means nothing. It's the number of sprinkles that matters ;) !

1 comment:

Val Cox said...

oh my goodness, I'm feeling festive seeing this gorgeous cake. I love the post Karen, and the photograph is beautiful. I hope you had the special day that you deserve! Happy Birthday! Val